This autumn, Rankin’s Collabor8te scheme returns, looking for from the UK and Ireland for a second year. Continuing their partnership with The Bureau and Dazed & Confused, and supported by Nokia Lumia, Collabor8te will provide yet more opportunities for filmmakers to get their scripts developed and their films financed and distributed.
12 selected scripts will be developed by The Bureau and RFP, with 8 scripts then commissioned for production by RFP, funded by Nokia Lumia. These 8 short films will complete their run on the international film festival circuit before being broadcast on Dazed Digital.
THEY ARE LOOKING FOR:
* Scripts of any genre, up to 15 pages. The initiative will produce up to 8 films with budgets up to £10,000 each during 2013.
* While Collabor8te is keen to develop narrative films with strong stories and characters, they actively encourage a broad array of styles, genres, and mediums including animation.
* Writers may submit up to 2 scripts each.
* Collabor8te will only consider submissions from residents of the UK and Ireland.
* Collabor8te will not consider ideas for documentaries.
Open Call for Scripts: 1st October 2012
Script Submission Deadline: 30th November 2012
12 Selected Scripts Announced: Late-January 2013
Writers Workshop Day: Early February 2013
Production: May – November 2013
WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF YOUR SCRIPT IS SELECTED FOR DEVELOPMENT:
12 short-listed candidates will be contacted via email in late-January 2013. Each candidate will be expected to attend one daylong development workshop at RFP, London, in early February 2013. This will be followed by a series of remote one-to-one meetings in February through April 2013. After this development period, up to 8 scripts will be selected for production.
For further information and to complete the submission form visit: www.collabor8te.com
Follow the scheme for other news and competitions through the year @Collabor8te